What is Acute Respiratory Distress Syndrome (ARDS)?
Acute Respiratory Distress Syndrome (ARDS) is a critical condition where the lungs are unable to supply the required oxygen to the body.
ARDS generally impacts hospitalized individuals who already in poor health. It can also cause by severe injury.
Why ARDS Occur?
Occurs due to lack of oxygen in the body
What Causes ARDS?
ARDS occurs once the lungs become badly infected from an infection or trauma. Due to the infection, fluids from the surrounding blood vessel leak out to the small air sacs in your lungs causing breathing difficulty.
- Other causes include,
- Pneumonia or dangerous flu
- Sepsis (Sepsis is probably a harmful condition caused by the body’s reaction to an infection).
- A critical chest injury
- Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- Vital injuries like an accident
- Acute pancreatitis
What are the Symptoms of Acute Respiratory Distress Syndrome (ARDS)?
- Extreme shortness of breath
- Heavy and fast breathing
- Exhaustion and confusion
- General and muscle weakness
- Low blood pressure
What are the treatments and remedies to cure Acute Respiratory Distress Syndrome (ARDS)?
You will find no particular test to diagnose ARDS. There is some test to recognize the fundamental cause of other condition.
- Blood test (assess oxygen level in the blood and look out for an infection in the blood)
- Physical test
- Impulse oximetry test (measure the oxygen condition in the blood)
- Chest X-ray
- CT scan
- Echocardiogram (graphic overview of the heart’s mobility)
What happens if you don’t get the treatment for your Acute Respiratory Distress Syndrome (ARDS)?
In the majority of instances, this problem could lead to death if it’s untreated but for people who live the primary issues are relevant to nerve and muscle damage.
- Body organ failure
- Damaged lung tissue (pulmonary fibrosis)
- Blood clots
When to consult the doctor for Acute Respiratory Distress Syndrome (ARDS)?
Though many individuals get ARDS if they’re already in hospital but there is a chance of getting this quickly if you are infected with pneumonia, in this case, you must seek medical help.
You can check online to find doctors in your area.
In case you need us to any articles related to health, please contact us